Im a big fan of the blogs at thismodernworld.com and bobharris.com and thought I would try my hand at it. Warning! Probably will contain foul language and ranting but I am glad for comments on it if you read it. Im gay and probably just a touch left leaning so be prepared.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Speaking of Pain in the Brain

I've been feeling kind of detached from the conservative world, now not saying that’s a bad thing but I was curious what there arguing points are and wanted to figure out how best to talk with people and to try and understand where there getting there view points. Most of my friends are pretty liberal on most subjects and most of the ones were conservative on we agree about. So ya I found out where not to look for the conservative rights thinking... The Internet.
It all started with thismodernworld.com bringing up Ann Coulter is putting out a new book. I’ve always considered this woman a joke and imagine she considers herself one as well but knows it will rake in the money. So I thought this would be an interesting thing to look at and see the comments on Amazon by readers and people who liked the book. Oh gods the things I found. Most of the posts were actually people making fun of the woman which didn't surprise me but then I found one that had 33 posts and had been there the longest, I made it about 3 comments the before the pressure in the front of my brain began. Now here is the post that someone made.

In the Republican Party, one distinguishes oneself as "godly" by attacking those who are allegedly "ungodly." This is especially effective if this "ungodly" individual supports gay rights, helping the poor, environmental protection, and/or a decent living wage for all.

Then it started...

Yes and in the Democratic Party one distinguishes oneself by, killing babies, spitting on soldiers, burning American flags and embracing such fine individuals as Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. I'm glad that there are people like yourself J.E. Bishop who fell obligated at a moments notice not only to judge others of different beliefs but to insult them as well. You could really help yourself if you bothered for a second to learn something about the party you so vehemently oppose instead of watching George Clooney movies and jumping on the bandwagon.

It continued on, going back and forth between liberals and conservatives after that but the responses from the conservatives just continued to cause the pain in the front of my head to grow and then I figured out what the pain was. It was the vacuum caused by there posts lack of intelligence and thought tugging on my brain trying to suck it through a tiny whole out into the dark abyss that was the void in there own brains like a space ship with a needle thin whole slowly having the life giving oxygen pulled out into the void of space.
I eventually stopped reading and decided I was going to pull a brain muscle if I kept it up, my ability to empathize with people usually being pretty strong could no were near help me wrap my brain around that at this moment. So I'm going to go back and try some less strenuous articles, maybe watch Fox News... We will have to see if I can handle that and then work my way up so that maybe if I run into one of the people who spout out nonsense like above I can actually have a conversation with them than rather walking up to them and poke them in the shoulder and saying "wow... you people really do exist... I just though you were anomalies online"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you made it through as much of their conservative doubletalk as you did, Wolf. I can only read a couple of sentences, then I have to run to the bathroom to hurl. Glad that you have the stomach to wade through their bullshit; someone has to know what the dark side is up to.

Unknown said...

Lol, Thanks mom. You need to update your blog more!

dmmgmfm said...

Yah, I know Wolf, all of these night meetings are interfering with my blogging! I'll try to do better.

Followers