Im a big fan of the blogs at thismodernworld.com and bobharris.com and thought I would try my hand at it. Warning! Probably will contain foul language and ranting but I am glad for comments on it if you read it. Im gay and probably just a touch left leaning so be prepared.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Boom

I don't know if anyone else gets this way but lately every now and then when I turn on Air America or even the News and gods forbid if I look at news web pages I begin to feel a pressure build. It starts right behind my eyes and gets stronger and stronger, and I know what this pressure is but I don’t know how best to describe it. It could be called outrage, horror, disbelief but what ever it is, I am wondering if I don’t get my tolerances up to deal with messed up things are my brain is going to explode like in a bad action movie. Or maybe ill just pop a fuse and my co workers or roommates will just hear a thump and see me lying on the floor my eyes dull and be sent to a home where I become one of those comatose people sitting in a chair staring out a window with a bib on to catch my drool.
I know it is a little early in my blog to say this but this is what runs through my brain some times. I just wonder how much one can take. I believe people can adapt and there bull crap tolerance can rise, I mean its been building and building so I know my tolerance has gone up for what I can take which is sad but it keeps me sane. I just cant imagine the year 1999 me showing up now like coming out of a coma and hopping on the computer and looking through all the news I’ve missed and reading the Blogs I do read. Well I can imagine it but it only ends in the scenario I mentioned above. And I can only imagine myself lasting till about 2002's news before it happens. I only really started to get interested and have access to the news around the 2000 election and not at the level I pay attention to it till 2002, I just wonder was there ever a time that this wouldn’t have been happening to me. I just have a hard time imagining how it was for all the people who have been involved in politics and watching the news and following what’s going on in our government for 10 years or more. I just wonder if the government has always been this messed up? Or is this just hitting the ridiculous point. I don’t know enough about how things work evidentially because I keep expecting after hearing these things that the president does or his cronies or some new fact we find out that something is changing.

I keep thinking tomorrow I’m going to hear how the senate and house stood up and called bullshit and are investigating. Or how huge numbers of people are marching around the capitol and demanding the president resign and its actually having an effect. I keep thinking this next new bit coming out is going to raise a huge public outcry and it’s going to be all over the news stations. And then I'm wrong, Bush gives a bullshit answer and a shrug and everyone just drops it. The news just drops it saying " ahh the shrug explains it all" and then treats anyone who still thinks that its still something we should be thinking about it on there shows like there just crazies. I hope my bullshit tolerance continues to go up because we still have awhile to go before this nightmare may end. I know this is a rehash sortof of a past post but I just realy didnt know what else to say right now.

No comments:

Followers