Im a big fan of the blogs at thismodernworld.com and bobharris.com and thought I would try my hand at it. Warning! Probably will contain foul language and ranting but I am glad for comments on it if you read it. Im gay and probably just a touch left leaning so be prepared.

Monday, April 24, 2006

My wallet quivers with Fear!

So, haven’t had much to write about lately but I'm sure it will only be a few hours before I hear something on the radio or see something on a news site that will hurt my brain and I will need to begin the healing process by talking about it. I just have to mention that my car is on less than a quarter of a tank and I will have to buy gas soon. Oh, the horror. I drive a 1992 Toyota Camry. Its the luxury Edition and is all nice and comfy if you a midget but anyway... Why oh why would you give a 4 cylinder car a 19 gallon gas tank! Seriously, it might be even bigger but I have put over 18 gallons of gas in it before so its huge. What’s worse? I HAVE to put the good gas into it, if I put regular or mid grade, the car starts acting sluggish and "Pinging" as I was told. I almost wonder if someone put an aftermarket gas tank on it but either way I'm probably going to be paying around 3 dollars a gallon. Figuring ill probably put 16 gallons of gas in my car at where the gage is... $48.... OUCH! That's going to suck. Doesn’t help that I drive near 60 miles to and from work every day. I know its big news everywhere, and everyone seems to have a theory why its happening which is interesting because everyone including different news agencies have different opinions on why its so high. Unfortunately with all that I’m not even going to guess right now but most everyone in one way or another seems to be blaming oil companies and on the radio there is a lot of talk about gouging. I don’t know right now I’m still a bit too tired of the B.S. to wade around the bullshit on the web to try and find a cohesive answer. Maybe ill feel like it and post about what I find later.


Something I was bored and made:

60 miles Per day too and from work

x

5 times a week

+

30 miles on weekend (conservative estimate)

=

330 Miles per week

/

24 mpg (Average mileage since I filled my car last on my 4banger)

=

13.75 Gallons a week

x

$3 a gallon

=

41.25 dollars a week if prices stay the same, guess its not too bad as long as I don’t drive extra, glad I drive a small car.

1 comment:

dmmgmfm said...

I know what you mean Wolf. Gas isn't as expensive here as it is in Colorado, but it still sucks to go to the gas pump. Since it is quite obvious our "govermnent" isn't going to do anything, despite gas and oil companies reporting profits of over 300% last year, maybe it is time for us to do something? Think about it folks, gas prices are driven by demand. If everyone would reduce their consumption, either by selling that gas guzzling SUV and buying a vehicle that gets good gas mileage, and/or by carpooling, we could reduce the demand and the price should follow. Just my thoughts, keep up the blogging Wolf!

Followers