Im a big fan of the blogs at thismodernworld.com and bobharris.com and thought I would try my hand at it. Warning! Probably will contain foul language and ranting but I am glad for comments on it if you read it. Im gay and probably just a touch left leaning so be prepared.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Thank you everyone for commenting on my blog, its really nice to get on and hear from you after getting Dales stuff. I came home after that and went to sleep till 9 tonight as soon as I got home, didn't really mean to take that long of a nap but guess I needed it. Hopefully I will be able to go back to sleep in a little bit. I've talked to mom and she really would like to comment back to all of your responses but just doesn't have the energy right now.

Within Without, thanks for your kind words and I know you have been there on the phone and email with my mom through all of this, she talks about you quite a bit and how much of a help you have been through all of these realy rough times and I really want to thank you for that.

Thank you Mary for your comment, I have watched you post on my moms journal and looked yours over from time to time at work *though I cant comment on blogs at work for some reason its blocked* and have enjoyed everything Ive heard. Thank you for your support of our family and I appreciate your words.

Cuppa, Thank you for commenting and your words do mean a lot. I wish I had got more of a chance to build that relationship but really am glad for the chance I got to get to know him, I still want to cry thinking about the time the nurse started asking if my mom would be in to visit her husband any time soon and asked if they were devorsed. It took me a moment to understand what she was asking and was about to corrected her when Dale beat me to the punch and said "He's my nephew but If he were my son I would definatly be proud to call him that." I will always have that to remember.

Courtney, I may, I always have wanted to be a writer and may do that but right now I just am too exhaused to think too hard about it. I appreciate your reply and thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Helen, I love your blog name by the way. I hope if I ever had to go through something like that I could keep the same attitude and as positive. He really did his best to keep us going even though he was the one who was ill. I am not really any religon but I strongly believe we go somewhere good when we pass away and I know Dale is there now and never will be truly gone.

Laurahinnj, Thank you for your comment, I am relay greatfull for the time I had with him as well even if it was illness that brought us together. I will do my best to be there for my mom, I really wish I could have been there to hug her when she found out, and for her to hug me as well. I am planning on heading up to montana as soon as I find out when the wake or whatever its called will be and will give her lots of hugs then.

Cathy, I will always remember him like you say and remember him for his strength, In a touch situation I could dig that deep and fight like he did. I am realy glad that she had shared this with everyone, she really does a good job and I know a lot of people used it who knew him before to keep up on things. Thank you for the long distance hug.

Sometimes Saintly Nick, Thank you nick for commenting and for your words. I know as well my mom has talked with you several times.

I think I'm going to try and go to sleep now, I feel like I can and hopefully I am right, work tomorrow is going to be hard enough with out lack of sleep. Thank you again from me and my mom everyone.

12 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

I hope you were able to get some rest. I didn't get much sleep, but I know there will be time for that later.

I'll talk to you today.

I love you so much.

Mom

Unknown said...

I fell asleep right after I posted this though I kept waking up due to dreams. I probablywill nap again when I get home from work.

dmmgmfm said...

I hope you are able to rest after work. I went for a walk at lunch, which has helped for the time being.

I love you.

Mom

TigerYogi said...

I am so sorry for your loss Wolf. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

threecollie said...

I was so sorry to read of your family's loss. Even though we never met Dale in real life we were hoping and praying that he would pull through. He must have been a very wonderful person and you have my deepest sympathy for losing him.

WithinWithout said...

As time passes, Nels, the grief will subside somewhat and be replaced by the magical, warm feeling you have for Dale.

That will be the enduring thing from all this: what you and your mom did for him, what you both meant to him, and what he meant to you both.

I haven't experienced this kind of thing...a long, up and down battle for life and death.

I've had friends die from lightning strikes, heart attacks, HIV-AIDS, motorcycle accidents.

But nothing prolonged, high/low like this. I can only imagine the strength it required of you and your mom.

I admire you both a great deal.

Your part in it has drained you both but it will make you stronger.

Girlplustwo said...

your mom is one of my heroes, her love for dale and you and so many others inspires me.

i am sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

Wolf,
You and your mom are two souls who are here to help us all as we make our journey back to where we are suppose to be. I have read her words many times and I know that her love for Dale and for you are examples for us all. Your love for her is simply described in one word,"Beautiful." Thank you for your example and now take time to heal and learn.

Cathy said...

Wolf -

Just wanted to drop by to say "Hi". I hope you're doing OK - you've been through a great deal and it's got to be a little tough processing it all right now.

I know you and your mom are a source of great comfort to one-other at this time.

My kid-sis in Colorado Springs said they had a terrific wind storm a couple nights ago. One thing you've got to say about Colorado weather - it's never boring:0)

Hang in there -
Hugs,
Cathy

Cathy said...

Hi Nels.

I just learned you received a very lovely graceful flamingo in the mail. Har! I hope it brought a smile and I hope your hanging in there. I think of you, your mom and Dale so often. Sending a hug . . .

Cathy said...

Hey! I'm so behind and I just learned on your mom's blog that I missed your birthday, but here comes a {{ BIG HUG ]]

Happy 25th Birthday, dear. May it be a year filled with joy. I know your happiness is tempered by the loss of Dale, but I also know you've learned a lot about life - the sharing, the sacrifices - that make love the beautiful gift that it is.

Take care of your special self :0)

Anonymous said...

buy valium valium 5mg beer - starting dose valium anxiety

Followers