Im a big fan of the blogs at thismodernworld.com and bobharris.com and thought I would try my hand at it. Warning! Probably will contain foul language and ranting but I am glad for comments on it if you read it. Im gay and probably just a touch left leaning so be prepared.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dale

I don’t post very often to my blog due to a lot of things, and I don’t know how many people read it. But I know it’s linked off of my mom’s blog and hopefully some of you who read her blog look here, I will also leave a post on her blog after I write this. Last night at 2 am Dale passed away. We don’t have the details or much information yet, my mom found out this morning about an hour and a half ago and let me know. We really appreciate all the support and prayers and everything you all have done for our family, I know every time I have read over the comments on my mom’s blog it has made me want to cry because of all the support and kind words. I really want to thank everyone on there for being with our family through this and most of all for Dale. One of the last things he said to me was talking about he was ready to be famous now because so many people new about him from the blog and he was planning on making his own and wanted to write a book about everything he had been through and more and said he was going to put the thank you’s for the cards into the beginning of the book. I know we all would really like to have been able to read that book.

My mom right now is going through a lot; she just lost her best friend in the universe, someone she had spent nearly every day for the past 4 months with. I am not sure when she will be able to get herself to post again but I hope it is soon because I know how much you all mean to her. She has been so strong through this and done so much for Dale I cant even begin to write out how wonderful she has been for him and for the rest of the family, she really has been the glue holding us all together and been there for everyone and kept everyone who has known Dale up to date on how he is doing. I am always in awe of her strength. Please keep us in your thoughts in prayers the next while and I will do my best to keep the updates going while my mom is not able too. Again I want to thank you all for Dale and from my mom and me as well, I can’t really say how much this has meant to me. I will possibly post again when I get back; I am going to the hospital in a little bit to collect Dale’s possessions.

13 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

I love you. You are the best son in the universe. The countless hours you spent with Dale meant the world to him. I just hope you know how much he loved you. He thought of you as the son he'd never had. Don't ever forget that.

Love,
Mom

WithinWithout said...

Wolf, I am so sorry for you and your mom and for the entire Peterson family and extended family.

You both have been the most unbelievable people for Dale all this time, through all the ups and downs...not just giving of your own personal time, but more importantly your love and caring for him.

He'll take that with him wherever he's going next.

I hope at some point you can come to understand what you meant to him and how much your love meant to him.

Chris

Mary said...

Wolf, I have gotten to know you in the past few months. You have been wonderful support for both Dale and you lovely Mom. I am so sorry Dale is gone. Please know that we all understand your grief.

Cuppa said...

Wolf - AC and I send love and hugs your way aa you walk this path of pain right now. Hang onto each tighter than ever before and you will get through this dark night of the soul.

As I was grieving the loss of a dear one I remember something Mitch Ablom wrote in his book Tuesdays With Morrie, that really helped me. He said that death ends a life, not a relationship. He found great comfort in the fact that he still had his relationship with Morrie, only now he had to do all the talking and Morrie had to do all the listening.

You still have your precious relationship with Dale, and I am sure he will sit just on the other side of the universe and be happy to do all the listening when you need to talk to him.

Just a thought I had as I was reading your post, maybe you could write the book for Dale. What a tribute that would be to him.

Love and hugs Cuppa

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest the same as Cuppa, you could write the book. It would be a beautiful tribute and cathartic as well.

I didn't know what to say on your mom's blog, and I still don't, so I'll just repeat my comment. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you're in my thoughts.

Helen the Felon said...

Wolf, I was so sorry to read this news on your mom's blog. Dale fought a very brave battle, but he could not have done it without your love and support. I'm in awe of both you and your mom, for your strength and committment to helping Dale however you could.

There's not much anyone can say that will ease your pain right now, but I hope you take some comfort in the facts that Dale is undoubtedly feeling much better now.

A couple of weeks ago, at the funeral of a friend, the minister said something that resonated with me..."Death ends a life, but not a relationship." Dale will always be with you, and you with him.

Much love to you, sweetie. You're amazing, and you and your mom will get through this together.

LauraHinNJ said...

It sounds foolish, but be glad for the comfort you and your mom were able to give to Dale. I'm sure it meant everything.

I'm sorry for your loss. Take good care of your mom - she'll need you.

Cathy said...

Dear Nels,

We will always remember Dale. We will always remember the valiant struggle and the love that you and you precious mother gave to him.

It breaks my heart to think of you at the hospital collecting his possessions. I'm so sorry, so truly sorry for this pain you now endure.

Those of us who were honored to be allowed to share this journey will never be quite the same. Your mother's account of Dale's fight for life is a beautiful memorial to Dale and the most beautiful of testaments to the human capacity for selfless giving. But more than this - it is an eloquent statement of the depth, breadth and steadfastness of the human heart.

Sending you love and a tender hug,
Cathy Wilson

Unknown said...

Wolf, as I wrote to your mom, please accept my heart-felt condolences and my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You and your Mom did everything humanly possible; you did all you could for as long as you could.

Your are all in my prayers.

Romeo Morningwood said...

When you said that you were going to collect Dale's things it reminded me of a time when I was 22 years old.

My father had passed away in the middle of the night I went down to some room by the Hospital morgue to collect his personal items.

There in a large paper bag was his wallet, watch and clothes that he wore during his heart attack.

The weirdest feeling was how ordinary and commonplace this last ritual at the Hoispital was.
From here it would be a flowery Ceremony at a plush Funeral Parlor.
Here in the Hospital was tha actual nuts and bolts of Life and Death.

I realised for the first time that most of us arrive and depart surrounded by these familiar sights and sounds.
Sometimes while we are in the midst of the drama we fail to notice the cast of characters, some of whom go there every single day and witness Life and Death on a regular basis.

For most of us watching someone that we know leave us is a huge ordeal that we never want to repeat.

I specifically remember that morning as I was holding that paper bag that I didn't really know much, if anything, about Life.

I hope that you take the time to absorb what you have just experienced. We live in a culture that is so afraid of what you witnessed that we tend to ignore the natural order of things.

I would also like to say how lucky you and your Mother are to have each other. Sorry for being so long winded.

Anonymous said...

Wolf, I have come to know you through your Mom. I have been unable to bring myself to comment - much of this is too close to me, but I have followed all of you the last few months.

You and Dale were so fortunate to have had each other in your lives.

May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

Squirl said...

Sorry it took me so long to get over here and read your post. I'm so sorry that you and your mother have had such a sad time. Dale really is an inspiration. What a wonderful guy.

You are such a wonderful guy, too, for all that you did for him. And for helping hold your mother up through this. I know you two were good for each other.

I'm sure there are plenty of things you will take away from this that will help you in the future. But right now is just the time to grieve and heal. Give yourself plenty of time for this.

Love and hugs to you and your mother.

Followers